Here at Maid for Portland, we understand having a clean living environment is directly related to our state of mind. Generally, if a space is cluttered and chaotic, it’s harder to think clearly or relax. Even still, so often cleaning and organizing our space is pushed lower on the priority list when other responsibilities like work and kids take precedence.
When attempting to balance it all with more ease and less mental energy, we have found creating schedules greatly helps. This way you know what needs to be done when and how often in advance, so you don’t have to think about it.
In addition to using a cleaning schedule, hiring a maid can help tremendously. You don’t always have to do it all!
Here are some general schedule ideas to help maintain a spiffy living space.
- Make bed
- Clean dirty dishes
- Wipe down countertops and tables
- Sweep kitchen floors
- Wipe down bathroom surfaces
- Squeegee shower doors
- Do laundry as needed
- Mop kitchen and bathroom floors
- Vacuum carpets
- Dust furniture and picture frames
- Wipe down kitchen appliances and refrigerator doors
- Clean inside of microwave
- Clean and sanitize toilets
- Clean and sanitize sinks
- Clean mirrors
- Scrub bathtub and shower walls
- Change & wash bedding
- Throw away expired food
- Dust blinds
- Dust and clean light fixtures
- Clean under and behind furniture
- Wipe down inside of fridge
- Clean laundry machines, vacuum and dishwasher
- Wipe down light switches and door knobs
- Clean guest bedroom/bathroom(s) or office
- Clean windows
- Organize garage, shed, basement, or other storage
- Clean walls and carpets
- Clean out fireplace
Does setting up a schedule help you? Which of these items would you prefer to offload to service such as Maid for Portland? Contact us to set up a cleaning schedule that will help you enjoy your busy life!